Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Where's the fuckin' justice?!

Well the post I deferred yesterday will have to be deferred again today, because I am way too full of angst not to have a good rant.

I had another abysmal day, the alarm didn’t go off again this morning which is a bit of a fucking worry, but at least my delayed awakening wasn’t to the same extent as yesterday. I had time to do what I needed to do, but it was rushed… which sucks first thing in the morning. Work was work, and then I had the afternoon off to study, but I couldn’t focus, so it was wasted time, but I was at home after all, rather than work, so it wasn’t all that bad. I then rode my bike down to band practice as I normally do, but got a flat front inner tube, at this point I was starting to get fed up with the day. Band practice, however, was great and got my spirits up once more, that is until I took a swig of the wrong beer… in fact it was a beer that must’ve been sitting on my amp for a good few weeks, as it had big chunks of mould floating about in it… which was gross. Then the best bit… I got pulled over for running a red light on my fucking PUSHBIKE, keeping my mind it was 9:45 at night in a fairly quiet town (no cars on the road at all!).

This leads me to the conclusion that being a big tall man is not necessarily a positive thing. As I towered over the little policeman that was writing me up, I couldn’t help but thinking that he was exerting something higher than ‘little man syndrome’ (which I will probably cover extensively in the future), but rather ‘little cop syndrome’. Anyway, I tried to take this in my stride even though I thought it was bullshit (I mean… innit?), and rode home (even though the cop told me to walk my bike home [WTF? If you drove you car through a red light and didn’t lose you licence, I’m sure they wouldn’t tell you to push your car home]) only to get a flat rear inner tube miles from home… and of course I’d put my spare tube in the front earlier.

Anyway, this leads me to my point (the crux of this post, if you will)… The justice system is completely fucked! A man can beat the shit out of a Chinese woman whilst on bail for another racial attack, get caught, and still walk free!!!(http://www.themercury.com.au/article/2010/06/25/154441_tasmania-news.html) And yet I can get done for a ‘cycling offence’.

Go and listen to ‘Fuck tha Police’ by N.W.A

I’m off the stew about all of this in bed,

Night night.

No comments:

Post a Comment