Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Cat Lady!

Here is my recount of a story that I was told by Chris’ housemate Deb.

Ok, to set the scene, Chris’ backyard has a clothes line at the edge of a roughly 2m drop, from this vantage point it is possible to see through a broken window into a room of the neighbouring commercial refrigeration warehouse. So Deb was atop this cliff hanging clothes on the line when she notices that her cat ‘Taxi’ is perched to pounce through the hole in the window, so she rushes over, collects the cat and stands to contemplate the broken pane, Deb told me she was standing there looking at the window and discussing possible solutions to the issue with the cat for something like ten minutes, whilst saying to Taxi ‘what are we going to do about this eh?’ and ‘I think I might have some cardboard that could cover the hole..’ ect… Only after all this time did Deb look beyond the actual broken pane to what was behind the pane and discovered that she was staring right at one of the male employees of this warehouse taking a dump whilst staring right back at her! She relised that she must have been looking directly at him for the whole time, said ‘oh fuck!’ and went back inside. The window was magically repaired the next day!

I nearly fell off my chair when I heard this.

To rub salt in Deb’s wound she found herself in the warehouse (which has recently been vacated and is currently for lease) with someone she knows that is interested in taking on the lease, when she told the story to her friend, the person showing them through the building said ‘Oh… You’re the Cat Lady!’

Funny shit!

I will tell you about my band in the next instalment.

Here is Chris' front door (inviting eh?)



Go and listen to ‘Vital Beach’ by the Blood Brothers

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment