Monday, July 19, 2010

If we don't do it, who fuckin' will!?

Hey peeps! (wow that reads gay... [not that I have a problem with that of course {i'm not gay though}])

Fuck, what a hard day at work! I am still recovering from a pretty big weekend in Melbourne, in which I saw Paper Arms (go and listen to this band now, seriously... go here - www.myspace.com/paperarms - and tee up some tunes to read the rest of this post to... i'll wait) and Stike Anywhere. Both bands really kicked arse, althuogh it was a really rowdy set for SA, with something getting broken by stage divers every single song... Thomas seemed to be getting kinda shitty towards the end (and that guy is such a calm and collected dude). And the sound guy seemed to have no ears, otherwise a sweet gig. I saw them last year with Polar Bear Club at the Knitting Factory in Hollywood, and it was such a tame show compared to Melbourne.

Anyhow, I have some films to be developed from the trip (none of the show unfortunatly [my camera isn't exactly pocket-size]), so if I wasn't to drunk to focus, and lets face it, this could well be the case, I should have some sweeeeet photos to upload at some point. In the meantime, here are some digicam photos I took whilst walking hip streets of Fitzroy -















(P.S. uploading this many photos is a bitch)

Anyhow, I gotta get back to writing songs for my solo show this WEEKEND.... fuuuuuck (If you live in Hobart, Tasmania [or will be around on Saturday] email me and i'll give you the details{it's at a party})

So yeah, peace...

Go and listen to Paper Arms... again!

Edit: Click on the third pic down and view it big, the check the leather clad dude... made me laugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment