Monday, January 10, 2011

Kiss the Bottle

Hey people, I've been setting up my recording studio in a new room and for the first time in a while, so I decided to play around with it for a few hours and record a cover to get a feel for the new version of Cubase I have, to see how I want to approach my solo recordings.

Anyhow, as I said, this is a cover of 'Kiss the Bottle' by Jawbreaker, a song that's been covered lots of times by lots of people/bands (rarely successfully) that I did in first takes over a couple of hours on one of my holiday-days before christmas. I only knew how to play the song on banjo, so I ripped the guitar riff from Lucero's version (by far the best ever done) and added some glockenspiel and tamborine, and some fairly shotty vocals... I don't really know if it worked, but thought i'd put it up, as the demo I promised a while back was a victim in the great harddrive failure of late 2010.

Go and listen to it

Kiss the Bottle (rough mix) #2 by Andi Cocktails

No comments:

Post a Comment